dissabte, 28 de novembre del 2015

Why my cell's screen always smash?



Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3334966/So-S-phone-screens-smash-Formula-reveals-height-spin-rate-cause-dropped-phone-land-face-60-time.html
A physicist has worked out the factors that help to predict whether a mobile phone will land on its screen when dropped. These include where on its centre of gravity it is being held, the height it is dropped from and the length of the phone, along with the material it is made from (illustrated)
This article talks us about how could our cell phone slip from our hand to land, crushing with the floor and finish by having a shattered screen(it is the same way why a toast tends to land butter side down)  explaining this fact with a physical formula.

The Professor Robert Matthews, physicist of the  Aston University, has developed a formula that aims to explain why our cell phones, held when are in use, tend to spin.
Professor Matthews has developed a formula that he claims can predict how a mobile phone will land when dropped. L is the length of the smartphone, g is the acceleration due to gravity, p = 2δ/L is the 'overhang parameter', δ is the overhang distance, and θ is the angle of the smartphone when it starts its descent
Opinion:
It's funny to know that somebody has spend his time developping a formula like that, I don't know for other people, but for me is really hilarrious. Now I know how to avoid my cell phone falls. If the angle is not bigger tan 30 degrees I'm sure that my cell phone will stay in my hand instead of fall and break my screen.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada